Saturday, December 26, 2009

Best Friends

First of all I have to appologize for neglecting the blog for two months. We have been so busy and the only time I am on the computer is when I'm nursing Cade which means I only have one arm free to type with. So here is a quick update... November went by so fast that I really don't even remember what happened :) I do know that we had Thanksgiving at our house. We are so blessed to have families that not only get along really well, but actually enjoy spending time together so Ryan and I have both of our parents, siblings, grandparents and my cousin Talena and her family over each year. It was 16 people in our small house, and it is always a great time. .. especially when the Kegorator is filled with home brew!

I tried to make the most of the month because it was my last month of maternity leave. I went back to work on December 1st. It has gone pretty well so far. I do know that I would never be a great stay at home mom, but I really miss Cade during the day. It has been hard to get used to those 7:10 am meetings on Thursday mornings! My dad stays with Cade on Mondays and the rest of the week he goes to a small in home daycare which has worked out great. Christmas was great this year. We spent the Christmas Eve at my parents house and Christmas Day at Ryan's parents house. It was the first Christmas since we have been married that we both truly enjoyed. In the past we tried to please everyone by sticking to old traditions and in the process ended up going back and forth between 4 different houses multiple times during the two days. I have felt extremely blessed to have this little guy to celebrate the holidays with. Ryan and I tried to get pregnant (and stay pregnant) for two years before we had Cade. I keep thinking about the saying happiness is not in having want you want, but in wanting what you have. That describes my life right now perfectly. I feel so blessed to have this sweet, busy little guy in my life!

Cade has been so busy! The first thing people say when they hold him is "wow! he is really strong!" He is always on the go and is semi mobile now. He is practically crawling already. He can get up on all fours for a couple seconds before he loses his balance. He does have the inch worm technique mastered though and he's not even 5 months old yet! He loves to stand and jump and roll over and over and over. Cade's newest interest is the dog. I have always wondered what their relationship will be like. I hope that they will be best buds because I know Sammy would love to have a little guy to tag along with around the neighborhood. Here are a couple of pictures and a video of their friendship.




This is Cade and Sammy at 1 week old. I love the look on Samps' face :)


Cade was about 6 weeks old in this picture and I'm pretty sure this is the fist time he saw Sampson. He was mesmorized by him. He layed his hand on Sammy's elbow and was so still. It was so cute!

Cade has been laughing more and more each day. This week he has been laughing mostly at Sammy. For whatever reason the dog is hilarious to Cade.

No comments: