Thursday, July 9, 2009

Camping over the 4th

When my dad decided to retire we weren't sure quite how to celebrate with him. He has accomplished so much in his 32 years of teaching and I know it has a great time in his life. Although it was bittersweet for him to say goodbye I know he will really enjoy retirement. He told us at first that he didn't want any kind of party because "it would be like going to his own funeral". How sad! We talked him into a retirement BBQ and asked him if he would like to go on some kind of family vacation instead and he said "I guess so..." Well if you know my dad at all he loves the out doors and whenever any of us kids borrow any camping gear he gets EVERYTHING out and messes around with it in the drive way for a couple of hours. He really really loves his camping toys. Soooo we decided to go camping . The only weekend we were all free was over the fourth and since there weren't any camping spots available in our country we headed up to our friendly neighbors to the north. CANADA! God's country!

Scotty, Ryan and Sampson taking in Kokanee Creek. It looks beautiful but it
was infested with mosquitos.
Kootenay Lake
My dad makes AMAZING camping breakfasts.
We should all be thankful that I didn't sink the boat...
It's hard to stay out of trouble when you don't have a care in the world. It's hard to imagine why my dad tends to have horrible accidents on family vacations. At least I didn't have to spine board him after this stunt :)

Bird watching :)

Samps gets so tired at night that he puts himself to bed hours before the rest of the family. He likes to have a little bit of the tent open in case he misses out on anything important.

The boys after golfing in Balfour.


They actually had a "dog beach" Sampson was in heaven!

No comments: