Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Big Unit

So for some reason lately I have been reflecting on my passion for the Mariners during the late 90's. I can almost name all of the starters during the My oh My season ('95) which I think is pretty good for a girl. A couple of days ago Ryan and I came across the division series in '97 on FSN and the Big Unit just happened to be pitching. He really was a glorious pitcher not only because he is a talented athlete but also because of his mullet and mustache. So cool. It brought back a warm fuzzy feeling to see the M's win the division in the Kingdome.



Yesterday we had another ob appointment. I was really excited for it because we got to discuss the results of our last ultrasound that we had a couple of weeks ago. Our doctor said that everything looks completely normal and healthy which was such a relief to me. Then there was the question about size. We found out he is above the 95th percentile for size and weight. I temporarily panicked and begged him not to let me go all the way to my due date, then I realized that there could be some positives to having a giant kid. I told this to my doctor and he said "I'm glad you think that because there really isn't anything we can do about it" How reassuring of him... I immediately thought of the big unit. I could have a son as cool as Randy Johnson. I don't want everyone to be jealous out there because I know it is every mothers dream to give birth to a little Randy so I will try not to rub it in. Grandpa Terry guessed that we were going to have a 6'4 blonde girl with a unibrow... he might be wrong about the girl and the unibrow... hopefully :)

P.S. Ryan told me that I can't call him the big unit... so I guess I'll stick with Juan.

1 comment:

Albigears said...

So is "Big Unit" still available? I still haven't thought of a name for my horse.